Posted By
W_Allen
Dec 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

This has happened to me about 10 times now. Nothing unusual about the files. Usually 110mb tiffs with maybe one or two layers…usually none. Never more than one file opened. Ofetn ViewNX and or Capture NX2 in the background but activity monitor shows them not hogging memory. In fact I’ve pretty well eliminated memory as an issue and am starting to find this a PS issue.

It was happening occactionally on an imac with 3g ram. Now it’s happening on my Macbook Pro with 4g ram. Both OSX 10.5.5 and maybe a generation or 2 previous.

Any ideas to help avoid this in the future? It’s ALWAYS at the end of some simple edit steps. maybe a series of clones or patches, size/resolution… ALWAYS tiffs.

Thanks,

Whalstib

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Dec 9, 2008
Your RAM is not very much, but it shouldn’t suddenly become an issue. How much free space do you have on your drive? How large a scratch disk do you have? I assume you’re not working across a network.

Be aware that there are a few issues with PS CS3 and Leopard as it was released months before Leopard.

Neil
R
Ram
Dec 9, 2008
DVD in the drive, maybe? If so, eject it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections