EXC_BAD_ACCESS error when opening PS2 on Mac OSX 10.4-who’s problem is it?

KP
Posted By
Kim_Pheffer
Dec 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
About three weeks ago I got an error message when trying to open PS2 which said

"Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xcde25b88"

So I called Apple Care-they replaced my hard drive. I get my Mac back last night and go to open PS and I now get this error message:

"Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000"

So do I call Apple again or is this an Adobe issue? Should I reinstall PS2? All the other parts of Creative Suite run just fine. I’m irritated and confused and sadly not really savvy enough to know what’s going on. 🙁

thanks in advance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 13, 2008
When Apple replaced your HD, did they or you, re-install the software that was on your old Drive?

If you made a clone of your old HD and copied it back, you probably brought back all of your old troubles with it!

I suggest that you remove CS2 entirely; then run Disk Warrior to repair all of your Dirctories and then do a fresh installation of CS2 from the original DVD.

Just be sure that you have saved any Actions and other personal Presets somewhere safely before trashing CS2.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 13, 2008
PS2? Photoshop 2? Photoshop CS2? Elements2 or something else?
KP
Kim_Pheffer
Dec 14, 2008
I’m sorry, PS from CS2. I just smooshed it together there.

Thank you Ann! I will try Disk Warrior! Apple reinstalled everything back from the old HD. I did remove CS2 and reinstalled just PS but got the same error message just now so yep-sounds like I brought my old problems along to the new drive. 🙁
R
Ram
Dec 14, 2008
Check your console logs to see if anything stands out.
B
Buko
Dec 14, 2008
see if PSCS2 works in a new user.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections