Posted By
Glenadine_Strome
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop Elements 2
Simple question: How to close a tool after I have used it?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DG
David G House
Jun 17, 2004
You actually do not "close" a tool.. In Elements the last tool used remains active until you choose another… this is a very popular question… one I had as well… What you can do Glenadine is choose a tool that can cause no damage.. like the "Grab Hand"… I use the Arrow found in the Selection box… and develop the habit of clicking back on it after performing a task…..

David
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 17, 2004
SOME tool is always active.
Same in full Photoshop.

Premise is, if you are using the program, you are editing with some tool all the time, otherwise why have it open?

Some users "park" on Hand or Move tool, which can’t really "do" anything.

M
D
davee
Jun 17, 2004
I always ‘park’ on rectangular marquee. It’s easy to find and inoffensive.
RS
Robin_Schold
Jun 17, 2004
I like the zoom tool, just tap z on the keyboard & it is easy to see on the desktop.

Robin S
DG
David G House
Jun 17, 2004
Looks like we all have our fav.. 🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 17, 2004
I park on the Lasso … as its a tool I use a lot

Wendy
RH
Ron Hunter
Jun 17, 2004
wrote:

SOME tool is always active.
Same in full Photoshop.

Premise is, if you are using the program, you are editing with some tool all the time, otherwise why have it open?

Some users "park" on Hand or Move tool, which can’t really "do" anything.
M
I usually keep the magnify tool on, which also does nothing to the image. What I wOULD like is a way to toggle the toolbox off the screen.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jun 17, 2004
If you park on "Go", you get an extra $200, right?

OOPS…..sorry, wrong game….

🙂
GS
Glenadine_Strome
Jun 18, 2004
Robin and all who replied to the how to turn off tool question. Now I do not have to keep looking for a way to close the tool window.
glenadine
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 18, 2004
You cannot close the toolbox, but if you click on the colored bar at the top of the toolbox, you can shrink it so that you can get a better view of your image.
DN
David_Neale
Jun 18, 2004
Glenadine might be referring especially to the marquee or select tool. The selected area remains as such, even when another tool is selected. To deselect the area, use the Select -> Deselect menu item (Cmd-D on a Mac).
JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 18, 2004
Ctrl-D on a PC.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections