Posted By
Donna_Gosling
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DG
Donna_Gosling
Jun 17, 2004
Although the "Save for Web" option is active on both the icon toolbar and the drop down "File" menue, when I choose it nothing happens ie the dialog box belonging to that choice does not open up. I’ve tried various image file types but nothing works

I have only just started using this program today and the person training me could not figure it out either. Can someone help me with this please?

Many thanks

Donna
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 18, 2004
I’ll assume Windows.

Try deleting Save For Web preferences:

Hold down Ctrl+Alt, then choose Save For Web.
You should get a dialog asking if you want to delete Save For Web preferences. Choose yes.
=================
If that doesn’t work, try deleting ALL prefs:

Do one of the following to re-create the Elements Photoshop preferences file:

— Restart Photoshop Elements and immediately press Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until you receive the message "Delete the Photoshop Elements Settings File?" Click Yes.

or

— Delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs.psp file in the Windows/Application Data/Adobe/Photoshop Elements [2.0] Prefs folder. Mac OS, Drag the Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs file from the Users: [user name]: Library: Preferences: Photoshop Elements 2.0 Prefs folder to the Trash.
======================
If that doesn’t work, reinstall Elements.
=====================
If that doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas.

M

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections