HS
Posted By
Herbert_Stuart_Brown
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just bought an Olympus 8080wz camera. Associated with this camera Olympus provide a plug-in for Photoshop to handle RAW files. I have downloaded and unzipped this plug-in and copied to the plug-in folder in Photoshop Elements 1. However, Photoshop will still not recognise RAW files.

How can I get Photoshop Elements v1 to recognise the photos taken on the 8080 in RAW format. I am using a PC with XP pro, 1mb of ram.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Stuart Brown

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 29, 2004
Did you try File menu>Import? The plug-in doesn’t make it possible to "open" the .orf files, you have to import them.

When I added the RAW plug-in file (orf2rgb.8bf) I had to add it to the Import-Export folder under Plug-Ins. In Elements 2 the path is: Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\Import-Export

Patti
HS
Herbert_Stuart_Brown
Jun 29, 2004
Thank you Patti. I have now got the plug-in properly established.

Unfortunately, I am not able to import RAW files. I have checked with Olympus and they tell me that the files from the 8080 can be dealt with; even though the manual says that they can.

The 8080 is new, so I am hoping that this omission will be soon corrected.

Meanwhile I will have use Camedia if I want to deal with RAW files. Pity, I like Photoshop Elements.

Thanks again for your help.

Stuart
R
resthome
Jul 13, 2004
"Patti Anderson" wrote in message
Did you try File menu>Import? The plug-in doesn’t make it possible to
"open" the .orf files, you have to import them.
When I added the RAW plug-in file (orf2rgb.8bf) I had to add it to the
Import-Export folder under Plug-Ins. In Elements 2 the path is: Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\Import-Export
Patti

Not sure about the Olympus RAW plug-in. But it has the same .8bf extension as my Nikon RAW plug-in. Try putting it in the Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Plug-Ins\File Formats folder.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections