HD
Posted By
Hillie_Dyke
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I posted some time ago wanting to know how to paint with textures in Elements2. I got some answers but wasn’t satisfied. Why I wanted to know was, I use PhotoImpactXL and painting with textures is a cinch. However, Elements has a huge range of brushes compared to PI so I was keen to get a similar result.

Click on the Pattern Stamp tool on the tool bar. Select your brush from the brush panel (but don’t click on the brush tool). Decide which Pattern you wish to use on the Options Bar. Paint away.

The only thing I miss in Elements in this area is being able to load any image from the hard drive to use as a texture. This is always possible in PI. Of course, you could use the clone brush, but you should be able to load any image and this should be an option instead of just.PAT files under Patterns.

Hillie
Australia

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PA
Patti Anderson
Jun 30, 2004
Hillie, you can create and save your own patterns to use this way. Open an image, select all or parts of the image and then go to Edit>Define Pattern.

Have fun!
Patti
HD
Hillie_Dyke
Jul 1, 2004
Thanks for reminding me Patti – I’d forgotten about this. Hillie
Australia.
GR
Geoff Realname
Jul 6, 2004
I didn’t know this – thanks even more! 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections