GH
Posted By
Genieva_Henderson
Apr 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just recently purchased the Creative Suite 2 as an upgrade from Photoshop 7. Photoshop no longer gives me the option of saving files in any format but Photoshop, Cineon, Large Document Format, Photoshop PDF, Photoshop Raw, PNG and Tiff. I can no longer save files in the JPEG format. Are there some settings that I need to tweak or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Genie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 21, 2007
Genieva,

It sounds as though the images you are working with are 16 bits/channel images…you must first convert the image mode to 8 bits/channel before you can save to JPEG or various other formats.

Regards,

Daryl
GH
Genieva_Henderson
Apr 21, 2007
Daryl, thank you so much for your help – it worked!
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Apr 21, 2007
Glad to know that was the problem Genieva….happy I could help.

Daryl
C
chrisjbirchall
Apr 21, 2007
I just recently purchased the Creative Suite 2

How recently? If it was after CS3’s launch date was announced you should be able to get a free upgrade. But be quick!
GH
Genieva_Henderson
Apr 21, 2007
Chris, I just bought it in the last 2 weeks. How would I qualify for a free upgrade to CS3?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 22, 2007
within the last month. call adobe customer support genieva, and they’ll be able to help you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections