Posted By
Alec_Peters
Jul 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 6, 2004
Yes 🙂

M
AP
Alec_Peters
Jul 6, 2004
Can you please tell me how? thx

Alec
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 6, 2004
Every time you click the text tool and start typing, you create a new layer for that text. Select the layer in the Layers palette, go to the Image menu, and choose Rotate. The second group of selections on the Rotate submenu all work on the selected layer.
AP
Alec_Peters
Jul 6, 2004
Thanks!
SR
Schraven_Robert
Jul 6, 2004
Mac,

You beat me to it. 🙂
Sorry Alec but your question was just too tempting to ignore.

Robert
AP
Alec_Peters
Jul 6, 2004
Can you rotate it the other way as well, so that the text is backwards? thx

Alec
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 6, 2004
Select the Move tool, grab one of the corners of the layer, and twist it any way you want. Hold the move tool a bit off a corner of the layer and it will turn into a rotate tool. Grab an edge or a corner, drag it through the center of the layer, and watch what happens.
AP
Alec_Peters
Jul 6, 2004
thanks again!
PA
Patti Anderson
Jul 6, 2004
Select the Move tool, grab one of the corners of the layer, and twist it any way you want. Hold the move tool a bit off a corner of the layer and it will turn into a rotate tool. Grab an edge or a corner, drag it through the center of the layer, and watch what happens.

Holy Toledo, Stu!! I use the Move tool all the time for distorting, but I did not know that one! The things we learn on this list…

Alec, if you want an exact mirror image, you can use the Flip Horizontal on the same menu as the Rotate.

Patti
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 6, 2004
Patti,

Have you never used the move tool this way to make reflections?

Wendy
PA
Patti Anderson
Jul 6, 2004
Have you never used the move tool this way to make reflections?

I will now! I usually flipped the dang thing and then transformed it. Same effect, extra steps…but I was pretty good at it, eh? XD I must have missed that trick somewhere in my collection of 8 books.

I won’t do it the hard way anymore, I promise! LOL

Patti
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 6, 2004
Patti,

What eight books!! … are you starting a collection?. I have to admit that I am nearly as bad with six of them sitting on the shelf 🙂

The trick I missed for ages was using TAB when the image drifted up the screen … I used to reset the palette locations … now that did take forever!!

Wendy
PA
Patti Anderson
Jul 7, 2004
Starting a collection, you ask? I think after #4 it IS a collection. Soem I bought used, mind you. I also have two books on digital photography. There are a couple of the former I wish I hadn’t bought, but there they are. My two favs are still Aaland’s and Eismann’s.

If you think I have a lot of Photoshop & Elements books…you should see my quilt book library! The nice thing is I can take all these books off my taxes. 🙂

Patti

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections