RM
Posted By
Russ_Myer
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Am I able to keep the Layers window open at all times? I know can click on the icon in the Menu area, but I switch back and forward between Elelments and uSoff Word (I keep a log of my jobs, to remember things that work!)

Thanks Doc Russ

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim_Hess
Jul 7, 2004
Yes, you can do that. Just click on the Layers tab, and while holding down the mouse button drag the layers away from the pallet well. It will then be on your Photoshop Elements work area, and you can move it to wherever you want.
RM
Russ_Myer
Jul 11, 2004
Jim: Not working for me! Which ‘Layers tab’ are you referring to? I see in the upper right-hand corner, in the well (?), Effects, Filters, How To, and others, which I can drag to the workspace and keep. I see nothing called ‘layers.’ Could you perhaps give me another ‘steer’? Thanks for you prompt answer, Jim.

Doc Myer
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 11, 2004
Drag mouse around in the well…they must be "squooze" together. Are you running 1024×768?
You need to be, if not.

Mac
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 11, 2004
Oh, just thought…you may have closed it without "close to palette well" checked.

Use Window/Layers.

That will open Layers palette where ever it is…

If in Palette Well, will highlight there, and you can grab and drag down to desktop.

Or if opens on desktop, click "close to palette well" option if you want it to go back in there when you close it.

Mac

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections