ER
Posted By
edith_rey
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop Elements 2.0 on my Mac OS X 10.2.8 iBook is screwing up royally. When I press the "smudge" finger on the menu, the screen goes nuts. Looks like fireworks. Then a ghostly image of an image I was working on yesterday appears and floats around the screen. Then nothing works. Can’t get cursor moving or anything. I’ve quit and restarted the program and the computer a couple of times but it doesn’t help. Nothing else on my computer is screwing up, just this software. Help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JG
Julio_Guerra
Jul 8, 2004
I would uninstall and reinstall the program.
Many times there is a file that is corrupted and an reinstall fixes those crazy behaviors. Good luck.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 8, 2004
Edith,

Before you do a re-install … have you tried deleting the prefs file? when Elements acts odd then deleting the prefs is usually the first thing to try.

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Hopefully this will fix the problem

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections