TB
Posted By
Theresa_Bachicha
Jul 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded the trial version of photo elements and didn’t have time to use it. I am trying to download the free trial again but when I do I keep getting the message that trial has expired. There’s a folder that I am not able to remove and I suspect that is what’s is tagging the program from the original download.

Is there any way I can download the trial a second time?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
davee
Jul 10, 2004
I have found that with many limited time or use-count free downloads it is not possible to "restart the clock" with a new download. It seems they put some hidden value somewhere (probably in the registry) to stop this so that people cannot repeated download to get what is effectively free use of the product. I’m not even sure that using System Restore to get back to a Windows status before the first download will overcome this.
However, I think you will find PSE well worth the money.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 10, 2004
On the other hand, the rumor mill has been heating up of late about a new version of Elements. Not sure whether to believe it….
S
sunnyway
Jul 11, 2004
Try deleting the Cookies in your system. Also remove the first copy of Elements and all of its related files including the Preferences file. Then try to download again. I’m not sure if this will work, but give it a shot.

On the other hand, just bite the bullet and order a copy of PSE2. It’s cheap and wonderful. Trust me, you’ll love it! I don’t believe the rumor mill, I’ve heard it too many times in the past–it’s just wishful thinking.
TF
Terri_Foster
Jul 11, 2004
….Or better yet it’s a great excuse to buy a new scanner or printer!
SS
Susan_S.
Jul 11, 2004
As I understand it the only way to reset the closk on one of these time expiring demos is to do a clean install of the operating system (at least that’s how it works on the Mac)
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 11, 2004
On the other hand, the rumor mill has been heating up of late about a new version of Elements

Other than restoring full compatibility (brushes etc.) between PSE and the current version of PS, it’s hard to see what a new version would add. There would have to be some new features, I suppose, but any features added would close the gap between PS and PSE, and I would think Adobe is going to be very cautious about making that gap too narrow.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 11, 2004
Stu, you’re probably right. We’ve been hearing (and generating!) these rumors for at least a year. Product differentiation is still very important to Adobe, I’m opining – especially with the 7:1 difference in suggested price!

Chuck
SB
Stu_Bloom
Jul 11, 2004
The other side of the business case issue is upgrade revenue, of course. With the huge installed base of PSE, I would think Adobe would want to generate some PSE2->PSE3 upgrade dollars.

I’m just very grateful to Adobe for making such a superb program (PSE) available at such an attractive price. I’ve now moved up to PS, and the nice thing is that everything I’ve learned about image editing using PSE for the last couple of years transfers directly.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 11, 2004
Stu, there seem to be a growing number of PSE users – or at least PSE forum participants – who are moving up to full PS. That’s probably part of the Adobe business model, come to think of it. Worked for me, although I still use PSE for most of my editing needs.

Chuck
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 11, 2004
Its funny how many people have upgraded but still stay on this forum 🙂

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jul 11, 2004
Wendy, I’m not surprised at all – friendliest place on the ‘Net!

🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 11, 2004
Chuck

After looking at a few other Forums I really do agree with that.

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections