Posted By
spivstar
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I recently discovered a huge annoyance with photoshop CS4 on my new macbook pro. As some of you may know Apple discarted the numlock feature.
Now, when I want to type a number in the image processor, it doesn’t allow me! Not even a copy paste. I have an AZERTY keyboard and CS4 doesn’t recognize it as it should. It allows me to type in the special characters beneath my numbers, but not my numbers itself.

I had to activate a different keyboard layout in the system preferences to be able to type in a number there.

How could this be possible? Anyone knows an update or solution for this?

Thanks a lot!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
spivstar
Dec 23, 2008
really nobody? Any other advisable fora with loads of macusers using adobe? As I use this feature a lot it’s really a pain.

Thanks.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 23, 2008
Sorry, I can’t help you as I have never used a MacBook and have never heard of an AZERTY keyboard.

Do you not have the ability to use a regular QWERTY keyboard?
S
spivstar
Dec 23, 2008
Well, as it’s a laptop… πŸ˜‰
PT
Phil_Taz
Dec 23, 2008
Was that post directed personally to you Ann? If you dont know, why answer? Google is your friend, would have helped you with that CUPS issue too…

spivstar, what about a plug-in keypad like accountants use? I know you have to pay for that which is not nice of adobe but they are not too expensive and easily found if you google ‘usb keypad’.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 23, 2008
Phil:

I answered because it seemed pretty unfriendly that no-one else had after four days had passed and Spivstar had had to repeat his question.

Perhaps if you had been quicker on the uptake, I wouldn’t have needed to?!
PT
Phil_Taz
Dec 23, 2008
touchΓ©!

My bad, that is very kind of you… I don’t get time to read every post as it comes in.

Not many questions go unanswered…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 23, 2008
I don’t get time to read every post as it comes in.

Then don’t make yourself so unpleasant when someone else tries to help.
R
Ram
Dec 23, 2008
AZERTY keyboards are not from out of space, just from Europe. πŸ˜‰

I wonder if the original poster has a Photoshop language version that matches his OS and keyboard?
PT
Phil_Taz
Dec 23, 2008
I was apologising in case you didn’t notice….
Don’t be so unpleasant!
By the way, I can see you have been printing THAT job again <http://127.0.0.1:631/jobs>

hmmm?

;^)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 23, 2008
Phil:

I am afraid that I didn’t realise that that was supposed to be an apology, but if it was, then your apology is certainly accepted.

πŸ™‚
S
spivstar
Dec 23, 2008
@phil: a keypad could be a solution, but then again…I have a laptop for a reason and doesn’t solve the PS problem.

@Ramon: I always had English version. I always had azerty keyboards. I use Image processor since it’s been out. CS I think, or was it CS2?
Anyway, it’s only since CS4 I ran into this weirdness.
R
Ram
Dec 23, 2008
Yes, I realize that. The two reports I’ve read regarding incompatibilities had to do with CS4.
S
spivstar
Dec 23, 2008
Indeed, after googling I found other AZERTY users struggling with different kinds of CS4 software. DreamWeaver shortcuts are messed up for instance.
Seems Adobe completely forgot about AZERTY users. I guess we’ll need to wait for an update for this problem, if it’s been reported to Adobe.
P
PECourtejoie
Dec 23, 2008
spivstar, please fill a bug report:
<http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform> so that you are sure that it is reported πŸ™‚
S
spivstar
Dec 23, 2008
So we did. Thanks for the link!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections