AP
Posted By
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve downloaded the Photoshop CS4 trial from Adobe’s website and when I try and create a new file I get an error saying

"Missing Component Library/Application Support/Adobe/Version Cue CS4/ somefile.framework"

is missing. I checked and the folder Version Cue CS4 doesn’t exist. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I’m getting the same error. Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Dec 19, 2008
Go into Preferences and disable Version Cue.

Tried uninstalling

Did you use the Adobe uninstaller?
AP
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Yea, I used the uninstaller and then downloaded the .dmg again but still had the problem, I’ll try disabling Version Cue.
AP
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Version Cue was not selected and I was still having the problem, the complete error is:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS4/Client/4.0.0/VersionCue.framework
R
Ram
Dec 19, 2008
There are at least three different places to enable Version Cue, I believe two in Bridge and one in Photoshop, or viceversa.
AP
Aaron_Pardes
Dec 19, 2008
Could you be a little more specific, I looked an I only found the one place in Photoshop and none in Bridge. Thanks.
R
Ram
Dec 19, 2008
Sorry, I don’t have time to look for you right now. Will try doing that later. I’ll be back late this evening.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 19, 2008
Photoshop/Preferences/FileHandling – at the bottom of the dialog System Preferences, Version Cue
Bridge CS4 has no setting for VC that I can see.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 20, 2008
There are two VC Enablers in Bridge CS4 Preferences/Scripts.

You need to uncheck both of them
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
OK, Ann has the correct answer.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 20, 2008
Ann – do you mean the Bridge CS4, Preferences, Startup Scripts? I see no such choices there. I only have the default scripts for PSCS4 Extended (release version) installed. And VC turned off in all other places.
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
As I indicated earlier, three instances of Version Cue in preferences:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1751Y3LK6E5vgpMU9i 5tw9byPJN> Two in Bridge

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1V2jjBBoDIcUvQhNIj Q7aLqxyw8ps> One in Photoshop
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 20, 2008
Yes I know.
I have the one in Photoshop CS4 extended (and the one in System Preferences which is not active though), but not the ones in Bridge CS4, I assure you, they are not there. I have uninstalled Version Cue all together and then you do not have those 2 in Bridge CS4 startup scripts. So it might very well be that not every installation has it depending on what you installed and what you activated. I normally opt out of installing VC when I install a Suite.
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
Nini,

I don’t have the whole suite, just Photoshop 11 and older versions of Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat that I’ve never felt a need to upgrade. Never used Version Cue, don’t remember ever seeing a choice to install it or not.
NT
Nini Tj
Dec 20, 2008
Ramón, when you install the Suite you can either install the whole thing with all its parts or do a custom install and choose which parts to install and which not.
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
Understood.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections