A
Posted By
AJH
Dec 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to make a simple web page in PS, and when I export for web & devices whatever I do the file saves as 4kb on the desktop.
If I open it it displays correctly, but then when try to upload it with an FTP client the file shows up as 0kb. I have followed the Adobe video tutorial and don’t know where I’m going wrong. Has anybody any tips?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Scott_Weichert
Dec 19, 2008
It seems obvious that you are faltering in the upload for some reason.

What are you using to upload?

It’s also important to note that there is no such thing as "an html image". HTML is a scripting language, it’s code. Images are images. Web pages can contain both or only one. Most webpages are a mixture of HTML with linked images inside the code.

Perhaps you aren’t uploading both the code and the images.
A
AJH
Dec 20, 2008
Yes it seems like an upload problem, I’m using ClassicFTP 1.06 on an Imac. The files open up fine on my desktop, but in the FTP upload window they only show as 0kb. Unfortunately the NCH Software website doesn’t have any answers.
R
randalqueen
Dec 20, 2008
While Dreamweaver can FTP Photoshop cannot. But there are a host of available mac ftp programs. Maybe this will help…

Free and simple to use – note: I am only providing this because you seem to need help and maybe this will help someone else…

<http://cyberduck.ch/>

I get nothing else from this but posting the link
A
AJH
Dec 20, 2008
Yes Cyberduck is easier to use thanks.
I’ve just tried using Illustrator and get the same results. it seems as if there is a problem with transferring these http files to the host server, by the time they get there they are empty files.
Head scratching time..
P
Phosphor
Dec 20, 2008
Is it possible you have illegal characters or spaces in the name of your HTML document? Some servers won’t allow upper case or spaces or offbeat characters.
P
Phosphor
Dec 20, 2008
Another possibility, which is not great…I have had files just NOT show up on a server, for whatever reason, very rarely. And unfortunately the solution was to remake and resave the file.
B
Buko
Dec 20, 2008
Photoshop does not create html files.

what are you using to make the web pages in? Dreamweaver? goLive?
PM
Paul M Norman
Dec 20, 2008
I use Transmit for FTP transfers and like it very much. It’s not expensive and is very well supported. Another very good option is Fetch, originally developed at Dartmouth. It was free while owned by Dartmouth. It’s now a pay app but is also fairly inexpensive and also well supported. Both of these are well worth the small investment.
P
Phosphor
Dec 20, 2008
Yeah…I’m a Transmit fan, too. I love being able to use Transmit to create droplets in my dock to drag-n-drop-n-upload files directly to specific folders on the server.
P
Phosphor
Dec 20, 2008
"Photoshop does not create html files."

Sure it does. Under Save for Web, even in older versions you get the option to Save Images and HTML. Crude, but a web page can indeed be made in Photoshop.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 21, 2008
You can also create Web Galleries from Bridge CS4 and FTP them directly from Bridge.

I prefer to upload them separately, either through GoLive or with Fetch, because the transmission time ties Bridge up for too long.
B
Buko
Dec 21, 2008
Well photoshop is using a script, and as Ann noted you can do this now in Bridge and its much faster.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections