Path is reverse of what I need….Can I alter the path so the shift/command/I is saved

O
Posted By
openjam
Dec 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First of all thanks for looking.

CS4
OS10.5.5
mac book pro

Sometimes when I path an image I will get the opposite effect.

The object will be removed instead of the background. This is shown in the path window panel as the object (a guitar) is dark and the background is light. When I activate the path – then copy and paste the image the object is removed not the background.

I know I can shift/command/I to reverse the path but that does not correct the file. It is permanently saved as the opposite of what I want.

I want to create .tiffs that I can take into Indesign and utilize the path. But with the current file I only get the background with the guitar removed.

Is there a way truly reverse the paths information (resulting in showing the object light and background dark in the path panel icon)

I called tech support and they told me it’s a file problem and should do behave this way. It happened in cs2 and cs4

I suspect I am causing this to happen but I don’t know what I’m doing.

I pathed 30 files and about 10 came out this way.

thanks
tq

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 22, 2008
Is there a way truly reverse the paths information (resulting in showing the object light and background dark in the path panel icon)

If you have the Pen Tool selected you can highlight the Path tile in the paths palette; and then click the "Subtract from Path Area" icon (the second Path Area icon) in the Options Bar
O
openjam
Dec 22, 2008
thanks. I read something like that in the forum before I made my post. I tried it but it had no affect on my files….

( I also asked the Adobe tech about it; telling him it did not work for me – oddly enough he told me tech does not support forum solutions:-)

With the path selected, should it be as simple as clicking the pen tool and clicking the 2nd box in the options

I’ve also tried this with the path highlighted, non highlighted and inverted.

Nothing works.

tq
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 23, 2008
With the path selected, should it be as simple as clicking the pen tool and clicking the 2nd box in the options

With the Pen tool in use, and the PATH TILE in the Paths Palette targeted (highlit); Select the Path itself (either by clicking on the edge of the Drawn Path itself in the image) with the Command button down (or by using the Path Select Tool);
and then click the 2nd box in the Options Bar.
O
openjam
Dec 23, 2008
YES!….thank you. I was not working from an editable path. I was only selecting it.(marching ants)

Thanks for sticking with me!
tq
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 23, 2008
So glad that you got it to work!

🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections