DF
Posted By
Duane_Fulk
Dec 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I download profiles form Epson and install them they don’t show up in the print dialogue page. I have installed to the photoshop applications folder. Should they go somewhere else? Is there a step by step tutorial on how to add profiles to photoshop?

Thanks,

Duane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Dec 30, 2008
They go in the main Library’s /ColorSync/Profiles/ folder:
R
Ram
Dec 30, 2008
Didn’t your Epson profiles come with an installer?
DF
Duane_Fulk
Dec 30, 2008
Yes. The download has an installer and I was probably installing to the wrong folder. I’ll move them to the library/color sync folder and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Duane
DM
Don_McCollum
Jan 8, 2009
I can print from cs4 to my epson r2400, but the print is streaked and the colors are wrong. I can print to the r2400 with iphoto, no problem.
NK
Neil_Keller
Jan 8, 2009
Don,

but the print is streaked and the colors are wrong.

Streaking is often a sign that some of the ink jets are plugged and require a cleaning cycle. What do you mean by "the colors are wrong"? Is it red-prints-as-green wrong? Or red-prints-as-reddish-brown wrong? Have you recently hardware-color calibrated your monitor?

Tell us exactly how you are printing, including color profiles, paper profiles, etc. — and screenshots of your print setup dialog boxes (linked to posted images on your server to pixentral.com can help a lot here).

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections