JL
Posted By
James_L
Dec 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to link a .psd to a .Jpeg, so that when I save in photoshop in auto exports and updates the .Jpeg? Thank you kindly

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Dec 31, 2008
What’s the purpose of the jpg? And is it supposed to reside in the same folder as the psd? One could record an Action (though that might prove problematic with regards to the location of the jpg) or create a Script for that and assign it a Shortcut.
JL
James_L
Dec 31, 2008
The purpose for it is to use it with Dreamweaver. So that I can change a picture in photoshop and it then updates it in dreamweaver so I’ll I have to do is post it to the server. The Jpeg is in another file, within the same directory. Does this make any sense? Thanks
JD
John_Danek
Dec 31, 2008
Locally, if you change the original .jpg without renaming it, then it automatically updates via Dream, but you’ll have to upload the changed .jpg to replace the original on the server. This assumes the web site has not changed and is still using the original Dream structure. I wouldn’t go through the extra effort to make the change on the original .psd unless that .psd is being used for other purposes which relate to the appearance of its sister file…the .jpg. Otherwise, it would be redundant.
P
PShock
Jan 1, 2009
Might be redundant but generating a new JPEG from the PSD will result in better quality than re-saving jpegs – especially if done repeatedly.

It’s rather easy to use Save For Web on a PSD – just save in the original JPEG’s directory and overwrite the file using the same name. You’ll still have to upload to the server, but DW will update automatically.

-phil
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 1, 2009
You should be in the Dreamweaver forum, but in CS 4 Dreamweaver supports smart objects no need to export. Make it a smart object in Dreamweaver then when you update the smart object updates and of course when it is optimized for publishing and is published or if the site is updated then it does this automatically for you.

Well actually it updates everything automatically.

A smart object and you are good to go.

Go to the Dreamweaver forum, much more knowledgeable information would be available there for this purpose.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections