Posted By
Anup_Bharadia
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear All,

My PS Elements 2.0 hangs for around 40 seconcs on average after preforming any action. When Elements comes back again it finishes my last action but as soon as I choose another action it hangs again. Actions include resize, stamp tool, load a new picture, lasoo, virtually any action!) it freezes for a while and again comes back again. It is really painful to use and infact is stopping e from working as my productivity is near enough zero!

Any help is very much welcome and hope the below helps:

I have cleared the pref’s file
I have de-fraged the HDD
I have disabled Norton Anti-Virus Corporate edition
I have shutdown all running apps which are visible next to the clock I have checked my HDD for virus’s and all is clean (using NAV def, files dated 21 July 2004) I have 9.3GB of free hard drive space
I have 768MB RAM
Memory available to Photoshop: 697 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 50 %
Image cache levels: 4
Scratch volume(s): Startup, 35.65 GB, 26.68 GB free
Installed TWAIN devices: Nikon Scan 3.1v
I have preformed a Windows Update
I have preformed an Elements Update
Everything was working 3 weeks ago when I brought and installed the software, but suddenly this problem has occured (and I have not installed anything since installing Elements)

Thanks and kind regards, Anup

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 22, 2004
The only thing that comes to mind is energy saving… Would your disk(s) be set to sleep on no activity?

Unfortunately, I’m on Mac, I don’t remember the exact way to the Energy Settings… Someone will probably help here.

Ray
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jul 23, 2004
I don’t know Windows 2000 but in every other version I’ve worked with through XP Energy settings can be found in Control Panel/Power Options.

Are you having problems with any other software? I’ve seen these symptoms on PC’s infected with spyware but usually it happens with more than one application. You mention anti-virus scans but do you have any protection and removal software for spyware? If not I would recommend that you download Spybot Search and Destroy v1.3 from

< http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,2226 2,00.asp >

and Ad-Aware 6.0 from

<http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/#free>

Both are freeware. Be sure to check for updates before first use.

My son’s PC (XP) had slowed to a crawl until I removed over 300 Spyware entries (most Music site related).

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections