RE
Posted By
Robert_Essak
Jul 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to PE 2. I have i-mac panther version 10.2.3 512 memory. When I open P E 2, when I click on the desk top, the pe disappears. If I open it under applications again, the same thing happens as soon as I click on blank desktop? What needs to be done to stop elements from disappearing? Should I re-load elements to the hard drive and delete what is in applications now? Thanks, Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 22, 2004
Robert,

Thats just the way Macs work … they have a floating desktop. So when you open an application it sits above the desktop and when you click on the desktop then the desktop becomes the top layer. Its the same with all the applications … Browser, Mail, Elements etc.

You do get used to it … best way is to have Elements in the dock then when it vanishes all you need to do is click on it.

Have you set up the dock yet? If not click on the little blue apple, top left hand side, and look at the options under Dock. I have mine set for Position on bottom … then just drag the icon for Elements into the dock.

Wendy
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 22, 2004
And there’s always command + tab to bring it back if the dock icon doesn’t respond, and occassionally it doesn’t.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 22, 2004
Mark …

Well I didn’t know that one … its really neat 🙂

Wendy
RE
Robert_Essak
Jul 22, 2004
Got it, thank you, Bob
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 22, 2004
Wendy,

A lot of people don’t know that trick. It’s especially useful for laptop users.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections