S
Posted By
slp20082008
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can set PSE 2.0 to use the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III input. However, PSE 2.0 will only use the "Utility" and not the "Easy Scan Utility" so far. What do I need to do?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MO
mat_of_the_mint
Aug 1, 2004
The ‘Easy Scan Utility’ is for use on its own. You have to use it and then save the results to a folder then open the file in PSE. I know of no way to open ‘Easy Scan Utility’ from PSE.
PA
Patti Anderson
Aug 1, 2004
It’s my unerstanding that in order for a scanning software to show up in the Elements Import list, it has to have a twain driver which would be installed in the C:\Windows\twain_32 folder. Perhaps the Easy Scan utility does not have this?

Of course, that’s if you have PC/Windows, not at all sure how a Mac handles twain drivers.

Patti
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 1, 2004
To simplify life, you can just scan to a file and then open the file in PSE. That’s what I do. Twain drivers have been a source of many problems discussed in this forum. I use a third-party software package called Vuescan with my Minolta Scan Dual II, the previous version to yours, but very similar. I didn’t like the software that came with the scanner. I have scanned thousands of slides with this setup, and I am very happy with the result. I particularly like the "batch scan" feature in Vuescan. Works very nicely. If you are interested, here is a link:
<http://www.hamrick.com/>
Bert
S
slp20082008
Aug 2, 2004
What is a "batch scan?"
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Aug 2, 2004
The film holders for the Minolta film scanners…both yours and mine…will hold four slides or six 35mm negatives. Vuescan has the capability to scan a full holder and store all four slides (or six negatives) in a specified folder. The filename you specify is auto-postincremented.
This enables you to fill the slide/neg holder, start the scan and go do womdthing else for a few minutes while it is completing the scans.
Bert

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections