M
Posted By
miklenny
Jul 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a program that allows .PSD icon files to be viewed under Window XP OS without launching Photoshop itself.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 30, 2004
If you choose to save a thumbnail within the PSD file generated by Photoshop Elements, you will be able to view the icon as a picture under Windows XP. Go under Preferences / Saving files, you’ll find what you need there.

I assume you meant viewing the icon as a picture (and not simply viewing the icon…)

Ray
M
miklenny
Jul 30, 2004
I cannot find the preference/saving files (under photoshop 7) would it be elsewhere within this version of photoshop? and yes I did mean show as a picture. Thanks
BG
Byron Gale
Jul 30, 2004
wrote
I cannot find the preference/saving files (under photoshop 7) …

miklenny,

The item to which Ray refers is the "Image Previews" setting under the Saving Files preferences. When set at "Always Save", Elements will save the file with a thumbnail and image preview.

I don’t know if this is one of the differences between Photoshop Elements and Photoshop 7, but if you don’t see the options as described, you could always post your query in the full Photoshop forum to see what advice is available from the people using your same software.

Byron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections