BJ
Posted By
Bruce_Jamieson
Jan 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So I’m having a good ol’ time with Photoshop CS4 and I’m using the new Masks Palette. I’m loving how you can feather out even a path. I saved and closed my document. The next time I opened it, none of my nicely feathered paths were there anymore!

I’m used to having to feather out selections made from paths the old fashioned way and I was hoping this feature of the Masks palette would make things go a bit quicker. Either this tool is expressly used as a step to convert Vector masks into Pixel masks, which makes the tool a whole lot more boring, or it’s a bug.

Can I commiserate with anyone here?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reynolds
Jan 27, 2009
Yes there should be a way to rasterise the feather by control clicking the mask. Another much needed feature of masks panel – Noise. I will post this damn good idea in feature requests.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections