SF
Posted By
Sarah_Fischer
Feb 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am interested in purchasing Photoshop CS4 student edition. I live in the States and my operating system is a Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger. It’s also an intel. Anyway, I know a graphic designer who told me you can’t use the program for commercial use and also you can only install the disc one time. What constitutes commercial use? If I buy a new computer, will I be able to install PSCS4 again or transfer the files?

Thank you!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Feb 1, 2009
You can use the program for whatever you want.

If I buy a new computer, will I be able to install PSCS4 again or transfer the files?

You can deactivate the other copy, then install from the original media on the new box. DO NOT transfer the program files, ever; always install from the original media.

The license is for one user, two computers that are not used simultaneously, e.g. a laptop and a desktop box.

You can read the EULA on the Adobe web site. Do a search.
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 1, 2009
Ramón,

You can use the program for whatever you want.

I thought that was for an Academic version, not a Student version. AFAIK, Student versions cannot be used for commercial work.

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 1, 2009
Sarah,

Commercial use is if you use if for business, such as for doing billable work.

Neil
R
Ram
Feb 1, 2009
Neil,

I’m not aware of the difference between Academic and Student versions of Photoshop, if it exists at all.
R
Ram
Feb 1, 2009
This is what I found at the Adobe store:

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1wybmy6SWAdZTSGcLN 4vi5MsvZAxK1>

I couldn’t find any reference to commercial use.
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 2, 2009
Ramón,

This was posted by another Host:

Neil Keller, "Student Edition vs Academic Version(CS4)" #2, 24 Dec 2008 8:36 pm </webx?14/1>

Neil
NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 2, 2009
Ramón,

This was posted by another Host:

Student Edition vs Academic Version(CS4)" </webx?14/1>

I also tried to find licensing for these two products. What I can tell you is that Bob tends to do a good job at researching stuff.

Neil
R
Ram
Feb 2, 2009
Thanks, Neil.
R
Ram
Feb 2, 2009
Looks like this thing with the Student edition is a new modality offered by Adobe. At least the Adobe store makes a big to do about its being "NEW!".
SF
Sarah_Fischer
Feb 2, 2009
Thanks for your help guys. I think the student edition would be the best for me to purchase at this point in time.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections