Posted By
Suzanne Tromburg
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,
I use some photos on a website that automatically fits the file to 500X500 for display, I save them at 600X…and then let the site cut them down to their specifics, (I save them bigger to see them better) but I would like to use some of them at 700X, I need to make copies of "worked-on" pics for my "700’s" folder which is a hassle, my question:
Does it matter if I use a 700X pic for uploading to a site that will re-size it to 500X anyway? Is the size of the uploaded pic irrelevant to the downsizing process of the website?
-If I can just save All the stuff around 700 I would have a ready stash for email also, Should I be resizing to the specific allotment of the website?

Thank you kindly
🙂
Suz

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
brent_bertram
Aug 18, 2004
Suz,
My uneducated guess is you should optimize your workflow at 700 px by 700 px images , since the website resizes anyway. Make it easy on yourself, I can’t see any "quality" problem from the site resizing from 700 to 500, as opposed from 600 to 500 .

🙂

Brent
ST
Suzanne Tromburg
Aug 18, 2004
Thank you for your reply Brent :))

I optimize the original 1200X1600, then save in "save for web" as a 600,(or whatever I want) then when closing out the original I do not "save changes" so I keep the jpeg in its original condition.

Thanks again!
Suz

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections