BG
Posted By
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where in Elements can I see the metadata for a photo (f-stop, ISO, shutter, etc)?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JD
Juergen_D
Aug 18, 2004
Brian,
You can find the EXIF info in the Elements file browser (lower left hand corner).

Juergen
BG
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 18, 2004
Thanks. I didn’t see the dropdown arrow next to General the first twenty times I clicked on File info…

Much appreciated!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
Ya know, that doesn’t seem to be available in PE1 of the file browser…either that or I’m blind ! I’ve never used elements to find the exif data….obviously. I right click on it from my files and click properties is all. Anyone using PE1 that sees where the exif info is available ?
JD
Juergen_D
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi,
Do you have it in File Info, where Brian it just found?

Juergen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
juerg, I pulled up an image that I hadn’t touched and there is only some pathetic useless info in my EXIf date;

Exif/Make FUJIFILM
Exif/Model FinePix S5000
Exif/Orientation 1,top-left
Exif/X resolution 72.000000
Exif/Y resolution 72.000000
Exif/Resolution-unit 2,inch
Exif/Software Digital Camera FinePix S5000 Ver3.00
Exif/Date-time 2004:07:19 20:26:36
Exif/YCbCr positioning 2,cosited
Exif/compression 1,JPEG
Exif/Orientation 1,top-left
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi,
Right click image file in your folder.
Go to Properties>Summary>Advanced
I use PE v.1, Win_XP
Ken
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
Ken, ya, I know how to get it from there( as I said in my earlier post XD)….can’t seem to get in PE1 tho.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 18, 2004
I can’t either.
Ken
JD
Juergen_D
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi, no, that does not look very exciting…

Juergen
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 18, 2004
Jodi, it looks like PE1 points to the wrong portion of the EXIF data, at least for your camera….and mine. Oh, well, someday there’ll be a PE2….

🙂

Chuck
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 18, 2004
Chuck, yup, maybe 😉
BG
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 19, 2004
Chuck,

Unless I’m totally missing the sarcasm, there is a Photoshop Elements 2. I’m using it right now.
J
jhjl1
Aug 19, 2004
Your totally missing the sarcasm. Jodi is our most loved and talented Elements guru who still uses Elements 1 when she is not using the full version of Photoshop. Chuck may be using version 1 as well, I’m not sure.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Chuck,

Unless I’m totally missing the sarcasm, there is a Photoshop Elements

2. I’m using it right now.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Aug 19, 2004
Brian

Chuck and Jodi have been pulling each others legs for a very long time and it happens that Jodi have never moved up to PE 2. Jodi is capable of doing in PE 1 what most people can only dream about doing in full blown Photoshop.

Grant
BG
Brian_Gallagher2
Aug 19, 2004
I’m not sure how much an upgrade to 2 would be, but is’t only $99 retail. I’m not into piracy, but maybe they know someone who’s got a copy to "lend" them. (I got mine legally when I bought my Canon 300D)
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 19, 2004
Brian, as others said, I was just funnin’ with Jodi. She could make great art using a DOS version of Elements on a 8088 PC…

PE2 is still available at my local Sam’s Club for $52.75. One of the all-time bargains in software IMHO! Of course, if PE3 is really in the pipeline as the rumor mill insisits and it has lots of neat features for $99 or even $129, it might be worth the wait…

Chuck
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 20, 2004
You guys are blowing my head way outa’ proportion ! Thanks <blush>…..tho i really feel I need to do more (focus !!!!!)to feel that way.

Chuck, i think my next purchase will be peIV 😉 hmmmm, maybe not 😉 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections