YD
Posted By
Yvan Daneault
Aug 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I work in RGB color mode and my colors come out totally diferent when I use the Save for Web Original pane. I understand that the optimized panes may look different from the document depending on the settings, but shouldn’t the original be identical to the colors in the document?

Yvan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 29, 2003
Use sRGB.

I believe that "SFW" automatically defaults to sRGB regardless of the current color space. Even the original window. I’m not 100% sure though.
KH
keri herman1
Aug 29, 2003
Keep in mind that the web doesn’t see as many colors as print, so the SFW automatically deverts to websafe in a .gif

Try SWF as a .jpg, but I think you’ll still see color distortion.
KH
keri herman1
Aug 29, 2003
Keep in mind that the web doesn’t see as many colors as print, so the SFW automatically diverts to websafe in a .gif

Try SWF as a .jpg, but I think you’ll still see color distortion.
R
Roberto
Aug 29, 2003
Use the little pop-up in the upper right corner of the preview boxes to set it to display using the current document profile. It doesn’t matter what you use or what you set it to as long as you get the colors you like.

As for .gif going to web-safe it only does that from my experience when it can and the color won’t be changed so you aren’t going to start with bright red and end up rusty orange.

R
JB
Jose_Batalla
Jun 21, 2007
Hi everyone,

Photoshop has started shifting colors in "Save for Web." This is very apparent when I’m saving an image with a deep solid background (like blue or brown).

I thought it might be just what the screen was showing, but indeed, the function shifts color. When I open the saved for web file, the color is different than the original.

I am sure I changed something and that’s how it got messed up! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jose
HS
Hadley_Soffe
Jun 21, 2007
Are you saving out as a .gif, .jpg, or .png?

Hi everyone,

Photoshop has started shifting colors in "Save for Web." This is very apparent when I’m saving an image with a deep solid background (like blue or brown).

I thought it might be just what the screen was showing, but indeed, the function shifts color. When I open the saved for web file, the color is different than the original.

I am sure I changed something and that’s how it got messed up! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jose
BL
Bob Levine
Jun 21, 2007
Hadley,

Please turn off the autoquote in your newsreader. Even on a true usenet newsgroup what you’re doing is a complete waste of bandwidth.

Here it just jams up the web view.

Bob
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jun 21, 2007
Jose,

Convert to sRGB before Save For Web.

Rob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections