Feb 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had posted a pic here

and got this comment from one forum user:

Quote:
I suggest you convert the colour profile to sRGB before posting on the web. Why d you use the profile you do (Dot Gain 15)?

I set the profile to sRGB in photoshop CS4 before saving the jpg and uploading it, so does anyone understand what is going on here?:scratch

Is it a problem with CS4 files being read by previous versions of Ps? (yes ‘maximise compatability’ is set)

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
Feb 4, 2009
h,

Please know that for links, you just need to type in the full URL for it to automatically become a link. For quotes, hit "return" then preface the quote with a >.

Are you saying that the file is converted automatically from sRGB? I’m not following you here. What settings do you have as defaults in Edit… –> Color Settings… ?

Neil
H
Homeopath
Feb 4, 2009
Thanks for your advice on links

File was originally a CR2 file, and in ACR was in Prophoto before I changed it to 8 bit and then EDIT>convert to profile>sRGB and saved as a jpg before uploading

So file wasnt converted automatically UNLESS the hosting site also did something to it. I converted it myself in CS4

Have I explained it ok – please ask again if not?
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 5, 2009
Well, the file is grayscale, but includes an sRGB profile. Photoshop recognizes that the profile doesn’t match the mode, says it’s invalid, and opens the file with the workingspace grayscale profile instead.

Yes, something changed that image after S4W or Photoshop – other metadata was stripped. My guess is the hosting site software did it, and doesn’t know how to handle profiles.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections