Posted By
Marco_Lanciani
Feb 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I have a huge photo mosaic of an apse: the final image is almost 110000x55000px, 360°x180° equirectangular projection. Now I’m just testing with a smaller version.
Imported it in CS4 and converted to 3D spherical panorama. At this point can I create a layer and paint on it – like tracing lines – having the possibility to hide/show it at any time and link it to the 3D layer of the photo mosaic so that I can move them together.

I tried to create a layer, painted on it but it doesn’t move with the panorama, and I haven’t found any tutorial on this specific case.

Any help appreciated.
Kind regards,
Marco Lanciani

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 5, 2009
Make it a texture perhaps will work for you but I am not certain that is what you want? You might be able to merge the layer to the 3D layer as well.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Feb 6, 2009
Hi Marco,

You can set up your diffuse map so it has a layer which acts as an overlay. When you paint on the 3D layer it gets projected into the diffuse map. This will move with the model in 3D space.

Basic steps would be to open the diffuse map (started as equirectangular file) by double clicking in the Layer panel. Then add a new layer and leave it highlighted. Now close that file and save. Then go back to the 3D window, and paint in the spherical panorama.

Going forward you will need to open the diffuse texture and hide the overlay layer, then save and close the file. The 3D layer will update and not show the overlay painting. Unfortunately, the display between the 2 files on repeated saves doesn’t update correctly so you can’t run in a 2-up view with much success.

Hopefully, this is helpful but reply back if I’m missing something.

regards,
steve
ML
Marco_Lanciani
Feb 7, 2009
Hi Steve,

i’ll try and let you know…
Anyway I’m not sure I got the steps. So:

– Step 1: open my 2D eqirectangular image

– Step 2: 3D menu > new shape… > spherical panorama

– Step 3: …

Thank you very much.
Marco

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections