Elements 2 Question….not a "how to" question.

EC
Posted By
Ed_Chipman
Aug 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Name is Ed Chipman…use Elements 2 with Windows XP. By nature of our life style (live on a boat) I cannot wait for answer or enter into a dialog, but will sign on again tomorrow (Aug 20) around 1030. Also, have never used a "forum" so pls be patient. Answers to following E-Mail address would be helpful All help will be appreciated.

Have used Elements 2 for approx 18 months. About a month ago a problem begain. Photos in Windows (My Pictures) look OK after bringing them over from the camera. Once in Elements, the pictures look the same while still batched. Once a picture is selected for manipulation and is highlighted with a double click….it opens, but has darkened by at least two F stops. I can lighten the photo while in Elements 2 so it looks as it should…then save. After that, when opened from it’s location in My Pictures, it’s washed out. I have reinstalled Elements 2 …no changes and can find nothing on the subject in the instruction book.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thx…Ed Chipman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jhjl1
Aug 19, 2004
You might try calibrating your monitor with Adobe Gamma which comes with Elements.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Name is Ed Chipman…use Elements 2 with Windows XP. By nature of our
life style (live on a boat) I cannot wait for answer or enter into a dialog, but will sign on again tomorrow (Aug 20) around 1030. Also, have never used a "forum" so pls be patient. Answers to following E-Mail address would be helpful All help will be
appreciated.
Have used Elements 2 for approx 18 months. About a month ago a problem
begain. Photos in Windows (My Pictures) look OK after bringing them over from the camera. Once in Elements, the pictures look the same while still batched. Once a picture is selected for manipulation and is highlighted with a double click….it opens, but has darkened by at least two F stops. I can lighten the photo while in Elements 2 so it looks as it should…then save. After that, when opened from it’s location in My Pictures, it’s washed out. I have reinstalled Elements 2 ….no changes and can find nothing on the subject in the instruction book.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thx…Ed Chipman
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 19, 2004
Ed,

I agree with James it does sound like your monitor need calibrating. If you need any help to do that then just ask and someone will talk you through it.

Wendy
BG
Byron Gale
Aug 20, 2004
Ed,

I had a similar issue which was not entirely corrected until I installed the "IgnoreEXIF" utility.

Adobe offers it for download:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=4 0&platform=Windo ws

Byron
EC
Ed_Chipman
Aug 20, 2004
Hi Wendy,

Will give it a try but would like to have someone "talk" me through it. Assume that would be, by the numbers ie: step one do the following.

If yes, could you share with me via our on board e-mail address? It comes by a ham radio e-mail program called Winlink or Airmail. My address on board is It may want you to "sign in" on first message….it’s their way of controlling spam from unknown senders. Should you perfer to not check in, pls send the steps to We will not be able to check that address for a couple of weeks.

Sorry this gets a little complicated….Elements 2 is installed on our desktop computer on board and rarely can it connect to the Internet while we are away from our home port. I will try to download the "Ignore EXIF" file mentioned by Byron to our laptop and transfer it via a CD.

Thx to you and others who responded.

Ed
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 20, 2004
Ed,

I’m a Mac user so I wouldn’t be much help to you ….

Hopefully one of the windows XP users will be able to talk you though it.

Wendy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections