CB
Posted By
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Let’s say I have to images open in Photoshop CS4 / Mac (IMG-A and IMG-B. I am making some adjustment layer in IMG-A and I want to be able to copy it to IMG-B. How do I do that?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
pfigen
Feb 7, 2009
All you need to do is drag the actual adjustment layer from one image to the other. Simple as that.
CB
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
Well, that’s what I used to do in Windows. However, in Mac OS X this is not working.

I have Photoshop CS4 and Mac OS X 10.5.6

Catalin
CB
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
I mean I have all images each in it’s own tab. I am dragging the adjustment layer to the tab of the target image but nothing happens.

What do I do wrong?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 7, 2009
If you go to Window menu/Arrange/"Float all in Windows": the images will no longer in Tabs, you will be able to drag-copy the layers between the different images.
CB
Catalin_Braescu
Feb 7, 2009
Thanks, Ann, now it all works.

Thanks to everyone who replied trying to help!

Catalin
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 7, 2009
So glad that it worked.

🙂
P
pfigen
Feb 7, 2009
Oh yeah – Tabs, what a freaking great invention. The first thing I do is disable that crap. For someone like me who drags everything between documents literally a couple hundred times a day or more, they are the worst thing ever.
P
PShock
Feb 7, 2009
Dragging elements from one image to another via tabs does actually work.

You can’t simply drag and let go … the key is drag to the tab, hold for a second until the tabbed image comes to the front … and THEN let go.

-phil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 7, 2009
Yes, Phil, but it works so slowly!

I find the N-up button (Arrange Documents) on the application bar quite useful for opening sufficient windows.
P
PShock
Feb 7, 2009
Agreed on the "slowly". If grafting between docs on a regular basis, the frustration is certainly understandable.

I just wanted to mention that it does actually work.
S
Studiograph
Mar 23, 2009
I cannot figure out how it drag a layer group from one document to another when using tabs. Have tried Phil’s suggestion of dragging onto the tab and waiting a second, which is frustrating enough, but this still does not work. I have also tried dragging with all the various combinations of modifier key held down, but still no joy.

With this functionality, tabbed documents are useless for me.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 23, 2009
You could use the Arrange (N-up) button to see all open files simultaneously.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections