O
Posted By
Overkill93
Jun 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a copy of the photoshop cs activated and registered fine installation was great.. no problems until it came to actually opening a file through the top main bar, the whole application freezes and comes up with the common message [not responding] after clicking for about 5 minutes the top bar and [not responding] message disapear and the program works fine.. this is really anoying me for quick graphical jobs and i would like Adobe to please give me a fix for this or a solution..

Thanks very much and here is my system information;

Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz Memory: 1024MB RAM
Hard Drive: 68 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Philips 20Amps
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: Hard Wood
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 3, 2007
What are you using for a printer? If your default printer is a network printer, that might explain the delay. For some bizarre reason, Photoshop checks the availability of the default printer when it opens a file.
O
Overkill93
Jun 3, 2007
I run an epson printer however its connected wirelessly so i can see where you come from, its not like im gonna print with photoshop i will use a different program how can i disable photoshop looking for my printer?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jun 4, 2007
Set another printer as your default. It can be a real printer connected directly to your computer or a "virtual" printer that is just software, such as "PDF Print" or "Microsoft XPS Document Writer".
KC
Kaje_Clarke
Sep 10, 2007
I’m on a MAC platform running OS 10.4.10 and am having the same issue…I think?

Brought CS3 and this is what happens, launch Photoshop, open a file , it loads, after about 20 seconds the software freezes, pinwheel spins and Force Quit tells me Photoshop is "Not Responding." This only happens when opening files. I can create a new doc with no problems.

I have tried deleting my PS Prefs. Re-installed Photoshop. Tried connecting my printer to a "PDF Print" and have also repaired Disk Permissions. I am running out of solutions. Anybody else have a possible fix?

Kaje
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 11, 2007
you should post in the mac forum kaje. the fix is likely to be different.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections