Posted By
Grim_Reaper
Jun 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I am trying to split this map into 16×16 chunks…How would I do this in an efficient way?

MAP: < http://sdb.drshnaps.com/images/BGs/Pokemon/GS/NationalPark.p ng>

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 11, 2007
Place guides at 25% Horizontal and Vertical, then 50% then 75%. Using the Slice tool make slices from guides.
GR
Grim_Reaper
Jun 11, 2007
Okay. But how do I make a guide?
MB
Michael_Brower
Jun 11, 2007
Make sure the rulers are visible by pressing Ctrl+R. Drag a guide by mousing over the ruler, click and drag a guide onto your image. You can do horizontal or vertical guides and can resposition them as you see fit.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 11, 2007
Sorry, Grim Reaper, but I do think you should familiar yourself with the Help Files (F1) The Photoshop learning curve is a long one, and everyone here on the forums is only too pleased to help.

But if you have to ask such a basic question as

Okay. But how do I make a guide?

…. then I’m afraid you are going to find that learning curve very steep indeed. Get a book on the basics, study the Help files, download some tutorials. it’ll make the journey more enjoyable.
GR
Grim_Reaper
Jun 11, 2007
Ok. I learned how to make guides by looking on the Internet. But, sorry if I was unclear before. I meant 16×16 pixels. So, I tried doing that with guides, but it took too long to make a new guide each time. Is there a automated way to do this?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 11, 2007
View>New Guide is a quick way to make guides. Actually, in ImageReady the New Guide dialog makes it possible to make a guide grid quite easily. That’s in versions with ImageReady. Don’t know about CS3.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 12, 2007
I’m working on a script to do just this. I have the parts but I haven’t put it all together yet. I hope to have it finished in 3 or 4 weeks. I have to finish a family photo project first.

If you want, I can slice the image for you using part of the script that I have written.

Go to this web site and register as a user: http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/ Send me a private message with your e-mail address.
I’ll contact you with my e-mail address and you can send me the image. Let me know the size of the slices.

Larry Ligon

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections