KE
Posted By
Kenneth_Ecker
Aug 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Mac 10.3.5. The pull down import menu only gives me four options; anti-aliased pict, pdf image, pict resource, frame from video. I have no camera drivers installed (and don’t want any).
Thank you whoever helps me.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EW
Ed_Wurster
Aug 22, 2004
Kenneth_Ecker wrote:
Mac 10.3.5. The pull down import menu only gives me four options; anti-aliased pict, pdf image, pict resource, frame from video. I have no camera drivers installed (and don’t want any). Thank you whoever helps me.

File > Open. Look at the popout menu for jpg file type.

Ed
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Aug 22, 2004
Ken, you don’t want to ‘import’ the image, you just want to Open it. Go to File>Open and navigate to the folder where you’ve stashed your pictures.

Chuck
AG
Alan_Griggs
Aug 27, 2004
I have a similar question. When I chose File>Import I have four choices listed. They are: PDF Image,Jasc Paint Shop Photo, Frame from Video, and WIA Support. Can I add to, or delete choces that will appear in this popup box? If so how would I do that? The Jasc paint shop choice gives me thumbnails of pictures to chose from that I had downloaded,into the Jasc paint program, prior to my install of Photoshop Elements version 2. I’d like to have my Olympus Camedia Master Album listed as one of the choices shown and make my existing Camedia thumbnail photos viewable also. By contrast,it looks like if I did the file>open proceedure, I would have to browse for the location each time. Thanks for any help. I don’t see this explained in the manual.
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 27, 2004
File>open would be a browse thing and the program defaults to the last folder browsed to upon next invocation.

Don’t know if you can add to the Import list. Most people here download their digital camera files via a Card Reader and the files show up under a drive for the Reader and then copy/paste that folder into a new one on their HD which they have created. From there it is File>Open. There is also the File Browser in PSE with thumbnails.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections