hello,

I have photoshop 5.0
Could you please help me – I’m trying
to make a 2 pages image, I can’t find any
options for this. Maybe my version
is old? Please send me email-replies at

Thanks. Anton

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobHill
Aug 25, 2004
Anton,

You are posting in PhotoShop Elements User to User Forum. You should be posting in full PhotoShop topic forum. Version 5 is a bit long in the tooth now (CS is version 8). But when you post, be sure to note if you are using full PhotoShop or the Limited edition (which was based on version 5). In any case. You CAN NOT make multiple page image files directly from ANY PhotoShop version (full or otherwise). To do that you’d have to use full Adobe Acrobat or another program, such as InDesign which allows for your images and will make multi-page documents. Or you could import the images into a WORD document as well. Or make a PowerPoint or SlideShow. PhotoShop Elements has the ability to make a slide show of from any folder of images you might have. You might want to look into that.

Bob
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Aug 26, 2004
Thanks, Bob.

I was trying to copmpose a two image banner, you know
the one that would change when viewing through web
browsers.
Well, I don’t have this InDesign program, do you know
where I could download it for free?
Please reply at
Thankyou. Anton
B
BobHill
Aug 26, 2004
Anton,

You want a WEB design program (InDesign is not one) and perhaps something like Adobe GoLive or Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Bob
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 26, 2004
And neither are free. Far from it. Although I think a 30-day demo of GoLive might be available on the Adobe site.
PA
Patti Anderson
Aug 26, 2004
You can do web banners in Image Ready (it’s integrated with/part of Photoshop CS).

Is this an animation where the banner changes back and forth between images…or is it a banner that changes when you pass the mouse over it? Do you have an example/link that we could look at what you are after? Seems to me that you could do this with layers and save as an animated GIF…or by creating two separate images and then using a little javascript for the mouseover. Of course javascript is not possible in Elements, but you can find scripts free by Googling for them.

Patti
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Aug 27, 2004
Patti,

yes, here’s an example of what it should be like:
<http://www.vsego.ru/images/bkat8831.gif>
So it’s not like it has to change when passing the
mouse over it.
So where do you think I could do similiar two
-image banner?
Thanks a lot!

Anton
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 27, 2004
Anton,

You could make a gif with two layers. Then in Save For Web, turn it into an animation so the two layers will play in sequence.
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Aug 27, 2004
Nancy,

I’ll try, but what is Save For Web, how do I do that?
Thanks. Anton
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 27, 2004
Anton,

Under File>Save for Web…

see Jodi’s expanation at this link

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?7@@.3bb592a2/16>
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 31, 2004
Anton, did you mail me ? Anyways, what you are trying to accomplish can be done in elements and written to your webpage like anything else.

Open photoshop elements and bring in your first image. Make sure your layers palette is open (under Window>show layers or layers palette….whatever they call it in PE2). Make sure your image is in RGB mode…go to Image>mode>check RGB. You will see your image in layers pallet and it will be called a ‘Background’, double click on it and a pop up will ask you to rename the layer…just click OK if you have no need to rename (default is layer 0). Now go to file again and open your second image. Grab the second image by the title bar and move it over so that you can see the first image you brought in. select the ‘move’ tool from tools palette and hold down the shift key and drag the second image onto the first. Now you will see both your images in the layers palette. Go to file ‘save for web’ and in the save for web window choose GIF, choose color count ( this really depends on the image…you’ll be able to preview the results depending on what you choose. Gif is meant for images that do not contain alot of color or detail….the lower color amount you choose the smaller the file) check ‘animate’ and transparency (if there is any) and check ‘loop’, choose frame interval and then click the explorer preview button to see what you get. If you like it then save it…if not then adjust the settings. If ya need more help…come back.
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Aug 31, 2004
Hi Jodi,

Yes, I did. Thanks for reply.
Well, I obviosly missed the most important thing – I’d been trying to do this in Photoshop, you know runnig the main application. What’s photoshop elements, and how to open
images there? Maybe I don’t have elements installed at all, how do I check this?

Thanks. Anton
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 31, 2004
Anton – Elements is a "lite" version of full Photoshop and is a separate program, so you’d probably know if you have it. Since you don’t know, I doubt you do.

Elements v 1.0 is based on PS 6.0, and Elements v 2.0 is based on PS 7.0. Which version of full Photoshop are you using? The way in which this is done in full PS should be very close to the instructions Jodi gave, but if you’re working from a much older version – it’s hard to say.
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Aug 31, 2004
Beth,
I have photoshop 5.0
JF
Jodi_Frye
Aug 31, 2004
Oh geeze, someone may have to correct me…..I think PS5 did not have these options to save animations in gif format.
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Aug 31, 2004
Bad news for me. Jodi, maybe you could do this for me,
I assume it will take you like a minute, or is it really agains your rules?
JF
Jodi_Frye
Sep 1, 2004
againts my rules ?? Who ya been talkin to ? Send it on
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Sep 1, 2004
:)) Thanks, I’ll use the same email address that I used before!
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Sep 1, 2004
Jodi,

I’ve found an old CD with ImageForgePRO prorgam,
intalled it and did everything myself. Thanks anyway!

Anton
JF
Jodi_Frye
Sep 1, 2004
Anton, that’s good news. Glad ya had it under your nose the whole time. Aint it always the way ? XD
AP
Anton_Panchenko
Sep 1, 2004
Jodi, Yes, thanks for your time. Cheers. Anton

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections