G
Posted By
GamingMouse
Jun 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I often need to create new images from a cropped selection. My current technique is to crop each selection I need, save it, then undo the crop and select the next piece I need to crop, then repeat.

It would be nice if I could instead create a new image directly into a new window from the crop selection. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 13, 2005
use the marquee tool instead of the crop tool. then copy, create new then paste.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jun 13, 2005
or control+j to jump a copy of the selection to a new layer or control+shift+j to cut a copy of the selection to a new layer
LL
Larry_Ligon
Jun 13, 2005
If you’re using Photoshop CS or CS 2, you may want to use a script that I wrote. This makes a new document from a selection.

Download from this thread: http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=31

There is another link inside this thread for the download of the file. See the Read Me.pdf for using this script.

Larry
DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
Jun 13, 2005
Basically, all this adds up to is cropping the image, than saving it under a different fileneme. Then you have your new image and your old image at the same time.
RH
Rene_Hache
Jun 13, 2005
Follow these steps:
1- Make your selection.
2- Copy it.
3- Press Ctrl+N or Command+N to create a new document. Document size will the size of your selection.
4- Click ok.
5- Paste your selection.
6- Save your doc.

Later,
Rene
F
facesad
Sep 9, 2013
it would be better if you load images in a window image viewer and crop the selected section. then you save and create new images in batch. this way, you save a lot of time and efforts. but s third party software is needed.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections