Uninstall Photoshop Elements 2 – Start Menu Bugs Out!

CW
Posted By
Christoph_Weiss
Aug 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have experienced the same problem with uninstalling Photoshop 7.0 and it appears to take place after the registry items get removed. The only way to set the menu back to righrs is to do a system restore (putting PS 7.0 back in place).

It is very annoying because these new system and program folders can’t be simply deleted or hidden because they are valid and used in other places. I am also running WinXP Home (yeah, I know, should use Pro) with all up updates except for SP2.

Suggestions, anyone?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
JesusIsGod
Aug 27, 2004
Christoph,

I am also running WinXP Home (yeah, I know, should use Pro) with all up updates except for SP2

Actually, you’re ok. XP Pro wouldn’t help at all with this. The only diff w/ Home vs. Pro is more powerful networking and security. Otherwise the code base is the same.

William,

When you right-click on those desktop folders do you see a Delete option on the drop-list?

Robert Ash

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections