LC
Posted By
L_Carruth
Aug 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Normal intall of Elements on Windows XP. Seems to work fine. Except file browswer.

When I click on File Browser, or Windows browser or on Browser on opening window nothing happens

What am I missing?

larry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
Jim_Hess
Aug 27, 2004
Every once in while the file browser disappears off the bottom of your screen. The last time this happened to me I discovered that if I clicked on the Maximize/Normal View button the browser would be visible near the bottom of my screen. Then I was able to drag it into position. It worked for me, but that isn’t guaranteeing that it will work for you. It’s worth a try.
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 27, 2004
If you go to the top under Window>Show File Browser, does it appear?
KW
Ken_Wolin
Aug 27, 2004
You can always go to Windows/Reset Palette Locations.
TF
Terri_Foster
Aug 27, 2004
File Browser creep is a Windows thing. It’s pretty irritating so I just dock my File Browser to the Palette Well. (More button at top of browser palette check Dock to Palette Well.) When I want the File Browser, I just click on the File Browser icon…file with magnifying glass directly under the word Enhance in the menu options bar. Just click outside the Browser and it closes back to the Palette Well instead of creeping off underneath your Windows Task Bar. You can’t drag it around but at least you don’t have to hunt it down every other time you open the application.

Terri

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections