Posted By
John_Bilbo
May 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Just installed Elements 2.0 tonight and ran into my first problem within a few min.

When I open the File Browser box the newly buit thumbnails in the box look fine. When I "single click" on a photo, it darkens and stays that way even after I have moved on to another photo. Also the photo remains dark when I open any picture file.

My system is a new install of XP Pro with all drivers updated to my hardware. No other graphics program have been installed.

Please help! Thanks in advance.
John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
May 21, 2004
John,

I had that exact thing happen to me when I first began using PSE2. In my case, the darkening of the image included a pinkish tone.

If you have not already done so, you should calibrate your monitor using the Adobe Gamma control panel applet. For me that help a little, but did not eliminate the problem.

The IgnoreEXIF utility, available for download via Adobe Suport, was the key for me. Once I installed and ran it, the dark/pink cast was eliminated immediately.

HTH,

Byron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections