MP
Posted By
Michael_P._Mills
Mar 24, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image on which I want to round the corners, but when I do they are jagged. I would like to know how to make the rounded corners smooth.

Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
randalqueen
Mar 24, 2009
What type of image? I guess we are talking anti aliasing here. Usually on corners if you created a block let’s say and wanted rounded corners, one could take the black and white version into a channel and gaussian blur the image and then use levels to create rounded corners but I have a feeling this isn’t what you are referring to.

Can you elaborate?
R
randalqueen
Mar 24, 2009
MP
Michael_P._Mills
Mar 24, 2009
Thanks for all the help. I especially like the metacafe tutorial. Michael
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 24, 2009
Using Gaussian blur and Levels to make rounded corners tends to leave half selected pixels on the outline, better use the Rounded Rectangle tool and then Command+click on the vector mask to load the selection

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections