JS
Posted By
Jody_Shassol
Apr 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am placing white letters from an illustrator file onto a black bag which is on a photoshop file. I then transform the letters so they look like the letters are printed on the bag. With this objective, I need to make it look like the letters form to the bag’s shape. In order to tranform using the warp technique, I rasterize the letters. The bag has folds in it so I need to make folds in the letters. I tried selecting the letters after these steps to move part of the letters, but it leaves a halo of part of the letters.
How can I avoid this and is there a better way to achieve what I am looking to get?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

O
OldBob
Apr 1, 2009
Check out the displace filter. Here is a good tutorial:

<http://www.gurusnetwork.com/tutorial/displace/>
PT
Phil_Taz
Apr 1, 2009
Displace is good, but hard to get precise alignment… if so, how about trying Liquify?
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
thanks for all your help.
I’ll try to follow this tutoral and let you know how it worked!
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
I’m trying to do what the directions tell me to do.
I am unable to blur the image, it does not give me the ability to click that. I am using photoshop CS3.
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
Because the object is black which the image is being distorted onto, I am having some problems.

Because I didn’t change the levels, I was not able to select blur. Now that I did that, I am able to select it.

New problem, because I am in CS3, I don’t have the same options in liquify.

It’s not showing the frozen areas, but I have a freeze mask tool on the left. It only gives you a solid orange that I need to paint where I want it to freeze. not gradations of orange.

Is there a way to do what you are doing in CS3?
thanks,
B
Bernie
Apr 2, 2009
I am not an expert with liquify but was able to follow this tutorial using the Mask Options on the right. (CS3)
JS
Jody_Shassol
Apr 2, 2009
I’m not sure which mask option to use.
I tried replace selection
and to invert it I used invert all.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections