GA
Posted By
G_ANDREWS
Jul 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How is it I can see a pic in ADCSee that has some background in it (around and behind the article ) but in PS the background does not show.
It is a pic of a model car on a track that I have copied from another web site but when I load it into PS only the image of the car is present as if the surrounding area has been masked.
This is not a pic I took but if I can replicate the process it will save a huge task of masking all my pics.
I would post a pic but can’t find a way to do it.
I am stumped.
All help appreciated.
Gill A

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DR
Donald_Reese
Jul 29, 2007
Use pixentral to post pics here.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jul 29, 2007
Look in the Channels Palette in Photoshop, you’ve might have a selection (mask) saved as an Alpha channel.

You need to tell us the file type too.
GA
G_ANDREWS
Jul 29, 2007
The pic is a jpg.
It does have a path around the car when in layers channels path. Hope this helps
Gill A
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Jul 29, 2007
The path is likely a Clip[ping Path. Look in the Paths Palette Menu, and check the Clipping Path item.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections