JL
Posted By
Jerry_L_Bauer
Jul 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am on my second R800 Epson printer (both are Factory Refurbished units)with the exact same problem of the printhead hesitating when it gets to the last 10% of the image. Suddenly the head stops for about 1-2 seconds but the paperfeed continues to move the paper, then the head moves to the other side of the paper & hesitates again, happening 3-5 times before resuming properly for the last several lines. I end up with stripes in about 1/2 inch of the last part of the print.

I am using Elements 5.0 on a Compaq desktop with XP Media Center Edition. The machine has 3 GB of RAM & 2 hard drives, one for photo storage exclusively so there is plenty of memory & storage.

I have tried the printer on my Toshiba laptop with XP Home Edition with the same results. I also tried it on my neighbor’s HP Desktop with the same results AFTER I loaded "Elements 3.0". I emphasize this because I tried his computer & his ArcSoft Photo Impression 4.0 software BEFORE loading elements & the printer worked perfectly fine with no hesitation & no conflicts. I have also tried the printer on a computer with CS2 and have gotten the same exact conflict.

I have been talking to the Epson tech support people & the local service center where I was instructed to bring the first printer. He has never heard of this kind of problem before!

I have not gone to Adobe tech support since this printer is about 3 years on the market & these conflicts should have been resolved by now. I thought someone may have had this problem & solved it by now. Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
Don_McCahill
Jul 31, 2007
You might want to ask this question in the ELements forum. This is the Photoshop forum.
JL
Jerry_L_Bauer
Jul 31, 2007
I apologize that I failed to mention that the problem occurs with CS2 also. Thanks for the alert.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections