Posted By
thomas_chuntic
Aug 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi good day,

Good day to all cs3 user’s … hope someone can help me about my problem i have use adobe cs3 extended then when i open a file it will make fatal error then the windows error messages say’s this

Adobe Photoshop CS3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: photoshop.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.0 ModName: cooltype.dll ModVer: 5.4.15.1 Offset: 000a2a98

then it will close… i can’t open a file if i make new file it is ok…. but when i open my newly created file it will make the above error.

hope … adobe will solve the bug/fix the issue.

thanks and god bless

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Aug 8, 2007
cooltype.dll errors can be associated with one or more bad fonts on a system.
T
Traste
Sep 10, 2007
I have had the same problem after downloading the latest update for Photoshop CS3. After trying to replace the DLL with a fresh copy, a copy of a previous version (5.3.74.1, which solved the problem with the crash, but left the Type Tool unusable) i went through the fonts on my computer and found a font with a non-standard character type in the name, after removing that (ie. deleting the font), everything was working again.

/bp

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections