Posted By
Sseadoubleyou
Oct 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi-

When I try to crop with this program I start to drag the crop tool over the pic to select the part of the pic I want to keep, however something is wrong because it will only drag a few inches/the square that I’m making over the pic will only go a few inches even though my mouse is continuing to move, it’s really crazy and I don’t know why it’s doing it. I have never had this problem before with a photo editing program, I have used MGI, JASC, etc all the crop tools work perfectly, now I move to Adobe and it doesn’t work right.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Is there a setting in the program that I need to change so it doesn’t do this?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Sseadoubleyou
Oct 18, 2004
Hum, why does this group even exist? Nobody seems to answer any of the posts.

"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
Hi-

When I try to crop with this program I start to drag the crop tool over the
pic to select the part of the pic I want to keep, however something is wrong
because it will only drag a few inches/the square that I’m making over the pic will only go a few inches even though my mouse is continuing to move, it’s really crazy and I don’t know why it’s doing it. I have never had this
problem before with a photo editing program, I have used MGI, JASC, etc all
the crop tools work perfectly, now I move to Adobe and it doesn’t work right.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Is there a setting in the program that I need to change so it doesn’t do this?

Thanks.

R
Rex
Oct 19, 2004
"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message
Hi-

because it will only drag a few inches/the square that I’m making over the pic will only go a few inches even though my mouse is continuing to move, it’s really crazy and I don’t know why it’s doing it. I have never had this

Thanks.
My Photo Elements allows me to extend the crop mask to the complete frame or any area required.

If you have loaded any programs or updates since you loaded Photo Elements you may find that reloading the program may fix it.

If this does not help then I suggest you remove the program, restart the computer and reload Photo Elements.

Rex
G
gavram
Oct 20, 2004
Make sure you don’t have any values entered into the crop toolbar that comes up at the top of the screen as soon as you select the crop tool…the easiest way is to select the "clear button".

"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message news:…
Hi-

When I try to crop with this program I start to drag the crop tool over the pic to select the part of the pic I want to keep, however something is wrong because it will only drag a few inches/the square that I’m making over the pic will only go a few inches even though my mouse is continuing to move, it’s really crazy and I don’t know why it’s doing it. I have never had this problem before with a photo editing program, I have used MGI, JASC, etc all the crop tools work perfectly, now I move to Adobe and it doesn’t work right.

Thanks.
TN
Tony Nazar
Oct 22, 2004
In article ,
"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

If you are using the crop tool that has values entered in the tool bar, you should either clear the values under height and width as soneone suggested or use the rectangular marquis tool and then choose crop from the menu when you’ve set your selection.

Also, please understand that most people who visit the group don’t visit it every hour. I check it a couple of times a week. Others may check it daily. I have gotten great answers from this group and
rec.photo.digital. Just have patience.
S
Sseadoubleyou
Oct 26, 2004
That was it! I didn’t even notice that. Why would Adobe make software that defaults to this kinda of setting? It has taken me months to figure out what the problem was. Bless you!

"Gavin Ramsey" wrote in message
Make sure you don’t have any values entered into the crop toolbar that comes up at the top of the screen as soon as you select the crop tool…the easiest way is to select the "clear button".

"Sseadoubleyou" <SseadoubleyouATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message news:…
Hi-

because it will only drag a few inches/the square that I’m making over the
pic will only go a few inches even though my mouse is continuing to move, it’s really crazy and I don’t know why it’s doing it. I have never had this

Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections