S
Posted By
sam
Jan 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to animate a file with a pumkin rolling along into a barn. I can not make the background stay the same in each layer. either when you animate it in explorer the background becomes part of the animation

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
postman delivers
Jan 1, 2005
"Flo" wrote in message
I am trying to animate a file with a pumkin rolling along into a barn. I can not make the background stay the same in each layer. either when you animate it in explorer the background becomes part of the animation

Image ready is the adobe program for animating GIF images. It is included with Photoshop 6, 7, CS, but not with Photoshop Elements 2, or 3.

There are a number of different programs that do this well, you are the not the first person to discover registering the photo or image position is very difficult, without using software specifically made to handle this properly.

I looked on the adobe website, and did not find it available as a stand alone product. I was under the impression it was separate, and it was a bonus that came with Photoshop 6. I might be all wet on that fact, but I did try my hand at animating several cartoon strips I scanned just after I purchased version 6. It was fun to play with, and did keep the images as you want in a stationary position.

I am certain if you played with some registration marks, or a bounding box you should be able to accomplish your objective. In the very old Disney cartoons they were able to keep a continuity, and with the used of a printers technique "registration marks."

I would think a pumpkin not being round like a ball, the axis should move a up and down a bit forward and backward as it rotated across the moving background.

However reading your question again it appears you are moving the pumpkin across the background, not moving the background along as the pumpkin rotates on an almost stationary axis?

Why would your background move around if it is only a single frame, and you are using transparencies with your pumpkin images? How are you setting the timing for your pumpkin transparencies to display and turn off as the GIF sequence takes place?

Or are you adding a new background with every different image of the pumpkin? That would make the GIF file enormous instead using techniques available with GIF files if I remember anything during the time spent fiddling with these type of files. Please elaborate this is an interesting problem, that is testing my knowledge.

JR the postman
C
Chris
Jan 17, 2005
Some people do some pretty good work with PaintShop Pro. daj and maddog particularly in alt.binaries.pictures.erotic.animated.gifs They have some tutorials even they might repost for you if you ask nicely.

"Flo" wrote in message

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections