J
Posted By
Jamey Halpin
Feb 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got the Editor down pretty well. But the Organizer has me stumped. I can’t seem to find the difference between Tags and Collections. I see what they do, especially Tags, but the Collections…and when you get into the Collections Groups..I am Kerphlumped. When I try to drag pictures into a named Group, I get a message of "Photos and other media items can be part of a Collection but not of a Collection Group". OK, then what is a Collection Group as compared to a Collection? I have tried to find Collections and Groups in the Help of elements… plus online, and nowhere does it mention it in any index or tutorial.

I want to put about 500 digitized family slides into groups by people and then put the whole Collection into a custom slide show on a DVD. Hopefully I will be able to have a DVD to give to each of the family where they can choose the "chapter" (group-people) to look through the individual slides. Am I on the right track?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Feb 9, 2005
Jamey Halpin wrote:
I’ve got the Editor down pretty well. But the Organizer has me stumped. I can’t seem to find the difference between Tags and Collections. I see what they do, especially Tags, but the Collections…

I use the tags for general classification.

I use collections for special projects. For example when I want to burn a CD I make a collection and then burn the collection.

I am guessing Collection groups only allow collections as members of the group.

and when you get into the Collections Groups..I am
Kerphlumped. When I try to drag pictures into a named Group, I get a message of "Photos and other media items can be part of a Collection but not of a Collection Group". OK, then what is a Collection Group as compared to a Collection? I have tried to find Collections and Groups in the Help of elements… plus online, and nowhere does it mention it in any index or tutorial.
I want to put about 500 digitized family slides into groups by people and then put the whole Collection into a custom slide show on a DVD. Hopefully I will be able to have a DVD to give to each of the family where they can choose the "chapter" (group-people) to look through the individual slides. Am I on the right track?

Sounds like a good idea. I will have to look into that one for my next project. Needless to say, I don’t know if PE will do it, but the collection group might just be the answer.

Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It’s Irish Math

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections