PN
Posted By
Patti_Nykamp
Nov 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know if there is a download for a Adobe Photoshop Album for Windows 98? I found one for higher windows, but nothing for mine. Or if there is a download for another good way to organize pictures

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 25, 2003
I don’t think you are going to find anything as nice and functional as Photoshop Album for your Windows 98. Unfortunately for you, the Windows XP technology really advanced the graphic capabilities of the PC. And it seems that the companies who are producing graphics software are capitalizing on the new technology. It has been so long since I used Windows 98 that I can’t remember what was available.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Nov 25, 2003
Patti,

Go in stores. You might find a copy of Photoshop Album (version 1) on the shelves. Please note that VideoCD capabilities aren’t usable in version 1. I know in Montreal, PSA 1.0 is still widely available.

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Patti, maybe you’ll find something here that will work with 98

< http://www.download.com-default.net/photo-organizer-software .aspx>
BG
Byron_Gale
Nov 25, 2003
Patti,

Because of a flaw in the way Adobe Photoshop Album handles multi-session CDs, I have been evaluating a product called "ACDSee". I’m also on Win98, so can’t take advantage of any fixes Adobe may have included in Ver. 2 of PSA.

You can download a full-function, free trial at www.acdsystems.com.

(Sysop: I’m trusting that it’s OK to post the URL, given that Adobe is no longer competing for the business of Win98 users in the image management category. If I’m being bad, feel free to edit.)

Byron
PN
Patti_Nykamp
Dec 5, 2003
Byron,
I went to the ACDSEE site and could not find where to download a FREE version of it. They had a place where I could buy it and then have a 30 day free trial – is that what you meant. If not, could you send me further details on how to find the version and name of what you got. Thanks a lot.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 5, 2003
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 5, 2003
Patti,

When you go to the ACDSystems main page, click the ACDSee box (near upper-left) to go to the ACDSee product page. At the extreme right, below the price, you’ll find a link to "Free Trial".

Click that and you’ll go to the Download Free Trial page. At the right, click the Download link.

The free trial will then download.

You have to register it when you install it, but you definitely don’t have to pay anything to use the trial. They don’t ask for a credit card, or anything, until you decide to buy. IIRC, they email you a trial unlock code after you register… or not. It’s been long enough since I downloaded the trial that I can’t recall whether an email was involved, or not.

HTH,

Byron
MP
Marshall_Ponzi
Dec 5, 2003
You might look into ThumbsPlus. Very much like PS Album. I’ve used ThumbsPlus for the past few years, and like it very much. Available from <http://www.cerious.com> They have a free evaluation download. I believe this will work with Win 98.

I looked into Photoshop album, and decided to stay with Thumbs for 2 main reasons.

1) Album did not support thumbnails of RAW files (at least the version I tried).

2) I have several thousand images cataloged in Thumbs. They reside on many CD’s. I wasn’t up for migrating, re-cataloging and re-archiving. That said, I recommend choosing your catalog software carefully. It’s hard to "UNDO."

I really liked PS Album, (especially the price and the way it integrates w/ Photoshop), but for the way I catalog, it’s not significantly different than Thumbs.

Good Luck,

Marshall

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections