B
Posted By
BW
Mar 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to save an edit that is in progress? I have some pictures that will require a lot of manual "selection" of areas to separate into layers.

I spent about an hour alternating between the magic lasso, paint brush and alternating between adding/subtracting almost a pixel at a time. Then I had to leave the computer, so I hibernated the computer, which I had done in the past, but the computer didn’t resume properly so I had to start the selection process all over again.

This is for an interuption at a point where I am not ready to separate the layers, yet and I still want to have the Undo capability intact.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PD
postman delivers
Mar 17, 2005
"BW" wrote in message
Is there a way to save an edit that is in progress? I have some pictures that will require a lot of manual "selection" of areas to separate into layers.

I spent about an hour alternating between the magic lasso, paint brush and alternating between adding/subtracting almost a pixel at a time. Then I
had
to leave the computer, so I hibernated the computer, which I had done in
the
past, but the computer didn’t resume properly so I had to start the selection process all over again.

This is for an interuption at a point where I am not ready to separate the layers, yet and I still want to have the Undo capability intact.
Thanks

BW,

No way to keep the undo, when you save an image & turn the machine off.

Sorry, I agree there are times that would be a great tool. I am certain somebody has or will have a work around suggestion.

Only thing I can readily call to mind, is maybe saving more versions of the image you are working.

JR

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections