Posted By
brent bertram
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
John,
I’ve tried to duplicate the problem on my Epson 890 and can’t do it. There is something bizarre going on. Check both the canvas size and image size in Image > Resize and make sure they’re both 5×7 . Crop the image to 5"x7" and resave it . In the print windows, make sure "fit on page" is not selected and the checkbox "Print selected area" is not checked.
If none of these work, try a different image and see what the results are and report back. Maybe another 820 owner will surface for some direct comparisons.
If all else fails, clear the Elements Prefs file by holding CTL-ALT-SFT on startup and answer "Yes" to the question .

:-~

Brent

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
earlstuckey
Apr 25, 2005
I have an Epson Photo 820 and it will print a 5×7 in the center of the paper. When I printed it, I had "center image" in the image position box checked and in the properties box, page layout I checked center and everything came out centered.
Earl
JS
John_Santora
Apr 25, 2005
Thanks, Brent and Earl.

I haven’t tried deleting the Elements Prefs file (I’m using a Mac, but that shouldn’t make a difference).

Later last night, I also was able to print from PSE3 from another Mac connected to the one having this problem, and was able to print a centered, properly sized 8×10 through USB Printer Sharing to the Epson with no problem — which should have twigged my memory about a possibly corrupt Prefs file.

Thanks again.

John S

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections