PC
Posted By
Paul_Coleman-Nye
Apr 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it me or is it the software, but the default text on the menus and the splash screen where it loads the program look kinda blurry. I thought it was my TFT screen but they look the same on my 17" CRT. I have tried other monitors and it is the same on all of them.

I know the font is small but on loading the Premier Elements try out, the text on the menus is as clear as a bell. Can I change the system font in PSE3. It is driving me round the twist.

Any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 27, 2005
At what resolutions is your LCD screen running ? LCD have a default (optimized) resolution and for maximum quality, you should always use this native one. For example, most 15" and 17" will have a resolution of 1024 x 768.

Also, is Font Smoothing turned on ? On the LCD screen, you’ll have to change setting for that :

Right click on the desktop, choose Properties. Then in the tab just before the settings (appearance I think it is, in English), click on Effects (or the first of the two buttons). The second item is where you set font smoothing. Note what settings it is and change it for the other. See if this fixes your problem.

Ray
PC
Paul_Coleman-Nye
Apr 27, 2005
Thanks for the reply. I am running my 15"TFT Dell 1501FP monitor at 1024 x 768 32bit true colour, 60 Hertz. I have checked the font smoothing as suggested. It was set on ‘Standard’ when changing to the other option ‘Clear Type’ all of my windows menus then become blurry like the PSE3 menus, it had no affect on the PSE3 menu. So unforntunatley that has not solved my problem

It really is frustrating as it looks out of focus and really spoils any long term use of the software.

Any other ideas

Thanks in advance.

Paul

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections